Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Thursday, December 5, 2013

"Helping People" a Beautiful Poem by Donna from The Anjali House Writing Project



Sue Guiney's Introductory Post  - contains important links 


My Overview of the Project


My Q and A with Dana Hui Lim author of Mother and the Tiger- A Memoir of the Killing Fields. - essential background information


In the poem "Helping People" we see a wonderful open hearted expression of compassion.  Themes of floods recur in the works of the workshop participants.  I am honored to share this work.  Like all participants, Donna (a pen name is used in all posts to protect the privacy of participants) is in the opening stages of learning English.



"Helping People" by Donna


When I travel to this country

I see floods come up and I feel unhappy

I see the water in their houses

People are moving their house; they help their child to go

away

I am still sorry for them and afraid

I want to help them, but I don’t have money


Now I have money, I can help them

I am still happy when I see their problems decrease

People can build their houses

Their child can study.




Donna, age 14


One day I went to an exhibition with the Anjali group and the teacher admired my work. This was the 6th time that I got a compliment for taking photos. I felt very happy. This was the first time that I heard some people from Unicef say to me that I am good at photography. When I heard that I felt very happy because they gave me a big hope.



Feel free to comment on any of the project posts. 


I am very proud to be hosting this event.



No comments: