Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Monday, June 29, 2015

June 2015 The Reading Life Review

I offer my great thanks to Max u for the Amazon Gift Cards and most importantly for his suggestions.


June brought the tragic passing of Bonny Norte.  Bonny, father, husband, son, brother, teacher, uncle and man of God was  devoted above all to his family and faith.  We will all miss him deeply and look forward to seeing him again.  

Late this month The Reading Life passed the 3.5 million page views mark.  The six most viewed posts are all on classic short stories by Filipino authors.  The most searched for authors are Katherine Mansfield followed closely by R. K. Narayan.  The top visitor home countries are the U S A, the Philippines, India, Germany and Russia.  The most frequent city of residency for visitors is the metro- Manila area.

As of today there are 2638 posts on my blog.  I have 4068 Twitter followers.  

The big reads for the month were Job by Joseph Roth,  a reread of Katherine Manafield's first collection of short stories, In a German Pension, and a book I placed on my TBR list back when the Romonavs, The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyesky,  still ruled.  

I read The Collected Short Stories of Clarice Lispector and posted on a number of her stories.  She is a writer with a great and powerful range.  I will be posting on more of her stories as I reread them.



I continued reading short stories.  I pushed on with my project of reading the full Comedie Humaine by Honore de Balzac.  I have completed 68 of 91 works.  



Future plans and hopes.  Basically more of the same.  I will begin rereading Proust very soon.  I now have 138 collections of short stories on my E Reader, easy 2500 plus stories.  I will never get to all these but I keep accepting more free collections anyway.



Review Policy.  I don't have one.  I look at any thing I am sent.  

I will continue, I hope, to be able to publish quality guests posts like the one done by Shannon Young this month.  I have now done over 100 Q and A sessions and hope to do more.  If anything on my blog is of lasting value, it is these posts.





No comments: